Concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Camp Longhorn families,
Great news: Camp Longhorn is more eager than ever for camp to start. As you know, Camp has been delayed 2 weeks which will give us additional time to focus on the health, safety, and well-being of our campers and staff. We are so grateful camp is happening and for your positive outpouring of support and patience through this unprecedented time surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Although camp will be a little different this summer as we take the necessary precautions for the health and safety of everyone involved, we know that our campers and staff will be so excited to be among friends, enjoying activities, and just being at camp! Rest assured there will be more cleaning and screening than ever before. For your review, the state of Texas has issued the following guidance for families that have children attending summer camps HERE. We have implemented policies and procedures based on the guidelines presented by the Governor’s task force and added them to our Communicable Disease Plan.
Campers will enjoy the blob, lakes and most every activity as usual. We know that there are some traditional Longhorn events that we will have to modify or eliminate due to the coronavirus threat, but we will strive to offer as many as we can, consistent with guidance and our CDP. As the situation remains fluid, our staff and medical team will continue to monitor the pandemic and make any necessary changes before and even during camp to provide our campers and staff the safest and most fun environment possible.
- Tuition is due for all terms. Please log into your account and view your latest statement. Any remaining balance will be credited to your account, carried forward or refunded upon request.
- All campers (with the assistance of parents/Guardians) and staff must self-monitor their health for 14 days prior to the term and will be required to prepare a pre-screening document to be presented at check in.
- There will be no bus transportation to camp this summer from any city including the pickup and return to the Austin Airport. Families will be instructed as to the requirements and time for drop off by a family member or designee. Times will most likely be from 1pm-4pm.
- We will miss not having our standard visitor day on the last day of camp. Campers will be picked up much like they were brought. We will help facilitate this between 9-10:30 am. We apologize for not being able to allow new camper interviews this summer.
- The Texas Governor announced that all travel restrictions coming into Texas have been lifted. This is great news, but may change at any time. Check here for the latest Texas COVID-19 Travel Updates.
- Mail service will be limited this summer. We highly discourage letters and packages and encourage emails to your camper.
With news and information changing daily, many families may need more time to process this information. Therefore, our refund policy has been modified to help you make the best decision concerning your family:
Cancellations for any reason prior to a term:
- Receive a full tuition refund; or
- Use the balance for 2021 tuition. If full tuition is not used this summer and paid by May 15th, it may be held for 2021 at the 2020 price and is fully refundable up to 30 days before your camper’s 2021 term.
Additionally, there are several options for placed campers deposit. You have the option to:
- Receive a full refund for your deposit,
- Use your placed campers deposit to ensure your place in 2021.
We know that many of these changes will affect camp operations, but we will do our upmost to provide the Longhorn experience for our 81st summer. Camp Longhorn has always been a partnership between our camp family and yours. We want you to be comfortable that we have taken precautions to keep your campers safe while at camp in these unique times. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
2020 Term Dates for Inks Lake & Indian Springs
1st Term - 2 weeksJun 21 - Jul 4
2nd Term - 2 weeksJul 5 - Jul 18
3rd Term - 2 weeksJul 19 - Aug 1
4th Term - 2 weeksAug 2 - Aug 15
2020 Term Dates for C3 on Inks Lake
2nd Term - 1 week Jun 21 - Jun 27
3rd Term - 1 week Jun 28 - Jul 4
4th Term - 1 week Jul 5 - Jul 11
5th Term - 2 weeksJul 12 - Jul 25
6th Term - 1 week Jul 26 - Aug 1
1st Term - 1 week Aug 2 - Aug 8